Sep 5, 2008

point betsie

I felt like Point Betsie deserved her own post. I used a borrowed point and shoot for most of my trip, but brought out my trusty Nikon when we headed to Point Betsie. I think I actually got about five minutes to photograph before someone needed my attention and the SLR went back in the bag. But, those five minutes were worth it. A little bit of information about the lighthouse followed by some results of that five minutes exploring the area.

The Point Betsie Lighthouse, Benzie County's most famous landmark, is located on the Lake Michigan shore of the county just south of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and just north of Frankfort, Michigan. Point Betsie is the second most photographed lighthouse in the USA, and likely the most visited attraction in Benzie County. Watching the sunsets from Point Betsie is a long-standing tradition.












No comments: